Aluminum die casting dies require a unique balance of toughness and thermal fatigue resistance. Swiss Steel Group offers die materials that address each mechanism of die failure. In addition, our internal heat treatment capabilities ensure optimal performance of these premium grade hot work tool steels.
The following are solutions for the most demanding applications:
- Thermodur E 40 K Superclean slows down crack formation of hot cracks effectively and has an improved temerature stability combined with high temperature and thoughness.
- Thermodur 2344 EFS Superclean (H13 ESR) exhibits the perfect balance of toughness, heat checking resistance and is suitable for most die cast tooling applications.
- Thermodur E 38 K Superclean is designed to address challenges related to mechanical cracking. E 38 K Superclean exhibits the highest impact toughness and should be considered for large cross sections prone to mechanical cracking.
- Thermodur 2367 EFS Superclean is designed to resist thermal fatigue associated with heat checking. When producing cosmetic parts or parts which cannot tolerate heat checking, Thermodur 2367 EFS Superclean should be considered.
- DC™ Superior (H13 VAR) exhibits the perfect balance of toughness, heat check resistance and is suitable for most die casting applications. DC™ Superior is certified according to NADCA 229-2018 Grade B and is made in the USA.
Our materials are certified to current North American Die Casting Association, Ford AMTD and GM Powertrain specifications.
John Stocker | Director of Sales
Mechanical and plant engineering
Food and packaging industry
Structural and civil engineering